Single Player Campaign
The Complete version of the City-Building Kit for Unity comes with a server demo and everything else you need to add single player campaigns to your game. With a single player campaign, there are two main styles (online and offline). The City-Building Kit allows you to create either style right out of the box. Simply edit the files you’re concerned with and you’re ready to go. With some simple editing of the included files, you can name the single player campaign whatever you like; “quest mode” for example. There are five different modes for you to work with and include into your game(s) already built into the kit. The single player campaign is based on pre-made maps that load when specified rather than maps of other players.
The two main styles of single player campaigns are:
- Offline. With offline mode, the City-Building Kit allows you to create a series of maps for users to play on while offline. As such, the resources are edited and controlled via the included scripts of the kit. Later when a player goes online with your game, that information concerning what all happen in those battles can be sent and received to/from the server. The game Defenders II is known to have this offline mode and it’s highly liked and used by most of its players.
- Online. The most used mode for single player campaigns is entirely online like with games such as Clash of Clans and The Tribez. With the City-Building Kit, you can make your game work exactly like this. Everything concerning the battle results is handled and sent and received to/from the server easily. The Complete version of the kit to helps you with the entire setup and testing of your online single player campaign.
*Demo app is from the Complete Kit.
Make a Game like Clash of Clans with Unity3D
Powerful City Builder Framework
- Design Your Own Buildings
- Gems and In-App Purchases (IAP)
- Gold/Liquid Generators and Storage
- Expandable with assets
PvP AI Battle Processor
- Combat/Unit AI
- PvE Battle Matching
- Gold/Liquid Stealing
- Gem Accelerated Training
Fully-prepared Server Backend
- Client/Server State Sync
- Server Software
- Create Multi-Platform Game Matches
- Add Characters / Buildings With XML
The five single player campaign modes.
- Random Village. It’s exactly as the name implies. Your game loads a random, pre-made map for your players to use.
- Daily Challenge. This will load a map based on what you setup using the City-Building Kit. Each map was meant to be used once per day and is set to load only on the specific day. Up to 31 days.
- Level Village. This loads the pre-made maps one by one over and over. Each map increases the difficulty and only loads after the previous map was successfully defeated.
- Top Player Village. This is and can be used as a type of “reward system” meaning here’s your reward for being ranked the Top Player. But that’s just one possibility. This mode loads the village of the top ranked player for others to try to defeat. The City-Building Kit allows a large number of options for this mode in your game.
- Sandbox Village. A type of testing mode to let your users try out their troops with a sample map.
Work on all platforms: mobile apps, desktop pc games, web browser
City Building Kit Feature Highlights
Strategy Game Template
The City-Building Kit for Unity is designed as a type of game engine. When developing your city building + Real Time Strategy (RTS) game(s), there are a very large number of things to consider. The artwork and sound effects, unit AI, PvP situations, and the design of the game alone can take a very long time just to figure out. The City-Building Kit is a strategy game template that you can use to develop clone games like Clash of Clans, Fantasy II Defense, Cityville, Farmville, Restaurant Story, and/or The Tribez. In order the save you from much of the work associated in developing games, a template is used to do most of the work. The City-Building Kit has it all right out of the box.
When you purchase the City-Building Kit for Unity, everything can be edited to make your own Clash of Clans, Farmville, or similar city building + Real Time Strategy (RTS) clone game(s). The terrain included in the kit serves multiple purposes just like every other part of the kit. The main purposes are to learn from, as an example/reference, and you can edit it for use in your own game(s). The included terrain is a beach island. The included terrain assets (pieces) are various objects you can place in your game(s) royalty free. Even if you don’t have your own art to work with, it’s included in the Complete Kit too. And in case you have missed or mistaken it, it does say ROYALTY FREE.
The Complete City-Building Kit
With each version of the City-Building Kit for Unity, you get different features and capabilities. Each is designed to provide many capabilities right out of the box and add more and more for each upgrade. Below is a complete list of features for the Complete Kit. This version is the full blown do everything + include everything to develop your city building + Real Time Strategy (RTS) game(s) like Clash of Clans, The Tribez, Fantasy II Defense, Farmville, Restaurant Story, Cafeland, and/or The Simpsons Tapped Out.
The Pro City-Building Kit
With each version of the City-Building Kit for Unity, you get different features and capabilities. Each is designed to provide many capabilities right out of the box and add more and more for each upgrade. Below is a complete list of features for the Pro Kit. This is the intermediate foundation to develop your city building + Real Time Strategy (RTS) game(s) like Clash of Clans, The Tribez, Farmville and/or The Simpsons Tapped Out.
The Role Playing Game Genre and Elements
The Role Playing Game (RPG) genre is one of the most popular genres currently known. Unity developers are no strangers to the RPG genre. But the question to RPG Unity developers quickly becomes how to include the elements of the RPG genre into their city building + Real Time Strategy (RTS) game(s)? The City-Building Kit already naturally includes various elements of the RPG genre right from the start. Most players and developers would automatically think that the RPG genre includes Dungeons & Dragon type games only. This was never really the case and the City-Building Kit also never really left anyone with that limitation.
The Starter City-Building Kit
With each version of the City-Building Kit for Unity, you get different features and capabilities. Each is designed to provide many capabilities right out of the box and add more and more for each upgrade. Below is a complete list of features for the Starter Kit. Primarily, this is the basic foundation to develop your city building social game(s) like Farmville or The Simpsons Tapped Out.
Frequently Asked Questions
Does it work with Unity 5? Why do I still need NGUI/2DTK?
Yes, we support Unity 5 however the UI/2D functions expanding the kit are far more advanced than Unity 5's UI/2D features currently provide. You'll need the NGUI and 2D Toolkit assets which are further developed.
Where can I get the latest copy?
Click the link at the top of this page to download the latest copy. As long as you have your license code, you will be able to download the latest dev build, upgrade your kit and get any bonuses included with our highest packages.
When do you release updates?
We've designed the kit to be compatible with future releases of Unity, NGUI, and 2DTK since we don't update often unless we discover a bug we missed during our extensive testing we did before this past release.
What if I have another question?
First check the documentation, otherwise contact us if you have a question and Santhosh or Dave and Richard will get back to you.