Make a Game like Clash of Clans with Unity3D
Powerful City Builder Framework
- Design Your Own Buildings
- Gems and In-App Purchases (IAP)
- Gold/Liquid Generators and Storage
- Expandable with assets
PvP AI Battle Processor
- Combat/Unit AI
- PvE Battle Matching
- Gold/Liquid Stealing
- Gem Accelerated Training
Fully-prepared Server Backend
- Client/Server State Sync
- Server Software
- Create Multi-Platform Game Matches
- Add Characters / Buildings With XML
- Building Items Art. This set can be used as a base for you to edit.
- Character Art. This set can be used as a base for you to edit.
- Terrain Art. This set can be used as a base for you to edit. Like the other included art, this is all meant as a learning tool and a time saver.
- Isometric Camera Setup. To handle views and controls.
- Item Data (XML). Already setup completely for you to edit and use.
- Building Construction C# Script. As the name implies, this handles the building construction aspects.
- 2D Game Board Setup + Script. To handle the display of the terrain.
- Player XP Allocation. To control XP gains and leveling.
- Gestures. To handle user actions such as drag n drop and unit/building placements.
- Kinetic Mobile Scrolling. To handle view scrolling and user view movements.
- Desktop Mouse Scrolling. This is for developing, playing, and testing your games on desktop systems.
- HUD Art and Scripting. Heads Up Display and control of it. The main information view and its controls.
- Game Store Menu. For players to buy units, buildings.
- In-App Purchase Menu. For In-App Purchases. This can be setup for a variety of purposes such as players buying “gems” or special items.
- Unit Pathfinding. Uses the A* Pathfinder system so unit AI can move around and not walk through objects.
- PvP Battle Processor. To handle all aspects of PvP battles such as outcomes and rewards.
- PvP Battle Guide. Messaging system for providing information to players (quest details for example) and testing/debugging.
- PvP Internal Operations Console. For testing and debugging.
- PvP Group Controls. A unique feature that allows you to include player controlled units during battles.
- PvP Cheats. For developers so they can test and not miss things due to fast actions of their game(s).
- Combat Unit AI. For military units to be able to find and attack targets properly.
- Combat Defense AI. For buildings to defend the village or city properly.
- Gold/Liquid Generation and Storage. This is setup so that any type of soft currency can be included in your game(s).
- NPC Demo (Builder Animation). Included for you to see exactly how NPC builders work.
- Client/Server State Sync. For sending and retrieving player information properly.
- Server Software + Testing. Included for all your online (live) game testing needs.
- Beginner Tutorial. As the feature name implies.
- Sound Effects. These can be used in your own game(s) but are there to show you how it can be used too.
- Multi-Platform Deployment and Bug Fixes. Mostly the kit is optimized for mobile platforms but you can deploy to anything Unity can deploy to.
- Unity 4.5 to Unity 5 Compatibility. As long as you have Unity version 4.5 or higher up to the current version 5, the City-Building Kit can work on your system.
It’s a total of 684 hours of work, all ready for you to use right from the start and it’s constantly growing. The City-Building Kit doesn’t leave you with just this. You can also send questions to the developers, see how it all works with the included documentation + examples, and get a large amount of assets available from Unity to use as well.Watch the Strategy Kit
Work on all platforms: mobile apps, desktop pc games, web browser
City Building Kit Feature Highlights
When a developer tries to create a game, one of the main concerns is showing the players how to play. The main method to do so is first-time tutorials. Most players definitely appreciate a first-time tutorial in games like Clash of Clans, Cityville, Restaurant Story, and The Simpsons Tapped Out. Each of these games has it and a first-time tutorial has become a standard in city building + RTS games. The City-Building Pro and Complete Kits include this feature and provide an example to work with right out of the box.
When you purchase the Complete City-Building Kit for Unity, you get up to $40 in free coupons for use in the asset store on NGUI and 2D Toolkit. Making games with the City-Building Kit offers many features and time savers right out of the box. So when trying your hand at making Clash of Clans, Farmville, Fantasy II Defense, and The Tribez clone games, many developers would want to expand on the capabilities of the City-Building Kit with the use of the asset store. The free coupons that come with the Complete City-Building Kit just make it easier to do by saving you some money too.
Full Source Code
With every version of the City-Building Kit for Unity, a wide variety of included artwork and assets are there to help you learn and for your own use. The City-Building Kit didn’t stop there. Also included is the full source code. This comes in the form of C# scripts and xml data files. With these, you can edit them to use the features and functions you want in your city building + Real Time Strategy (RTS) games as you need. Take for example the games Clash of Clans, The Tribez, Farmville, and Fantasy II Defense. Just about any aspect and more can be included into your game development needs. The City-Building Kit allows and recommends you edit the included full source code to suit your needs.
Gems, crystals, or whatever else you want to call them in your game(s) are the hard currency in city building + Real Time Strategy (RTS) games. Currently, the only two ways for users to get gems are buy them (In-App Purchases) or via rewards. But this only depends on what you want to include of this feature when using the City-Building Kit for Unity. The other side of the story for gems is what they’re used on. In Clash of Clans, you use them to speed up unit training, construct buildings faster, and buy resources. In the game Cityville, you have gems but they are named Cash just like with Farmville. In these games, it’s the same ideas as in city building + RTS, but there’s no battle concern. In Castle Clash, you use gems just like in Clash of Clans but you can also, for example, buy Heroes too. The mix and match can be near limitless depending on what you include while using the City-Building Kit.
Gem Speed Up
One of the more popular options to include in city building + Real Time Strategy (RTS) games is a method to speed up production of resources and building completion. In the game Cityville, you can speed up productions by using “cash”. In Clash of Clans, you speed up productions by using gems. It’s primarily the same idea in all the games. With the City-Building Kit for Unity, the gem speed up feature can be used right out of the box. The In-App Purchases can be setup by the developer to sell gems or whatever you like to call it. But in your game(s) you also setup the Stats.cs C# script to handle to tracking/recording of the gems.
Gold and Liquid Generation and Storage
You have a game being made and now it needs a type of currency/resources for the players to work with. Currency generation handles that for all types of resources. The City-Building Kit for Unity developers has a built in resource generator, generator objects, along with cash bought resources. Whatever a developer names the currency, it can be used by the player. In the example of Clash of Clans, you have gold and elixir. With the City-Building Kit, you can have whatever types of currency your game needs. Each one set to the specific building and customized in the included file building.xml.
Frequently Asked Questions
Does it work with Unity 5? Why do I still need NGUI/2DTK?
Yes, we support Unity 5 however the UI/2D functions expanding the kit are far more advanced than Unity 5's UI/2D features currently provide. You'll need the NGUI and 2D Toolkit assets which are further developed.
Where can I get the latest copy?
Click the link at the top of this page to download the latest copy. As long as you have your license code, you will be able to download the latest dev build, upgrade your kit and get any bonuses included with our highest packages.
When do you release updates?
We've designed the kit to be compatible with future releases of Unity, NGUI, and 2DTK since we don't update often unless we discover a bug we missed during our extensive testing we did before this past release.
What if I have another question?
First check the documentation, otherwise contact us if you have a question and Santhosh or Dave and Richard will get back to you.