Expansions (recommended by us)
Unity is a game engine all on its own. But by itself, there would be a lot of work left to the developer to deal with. The City-Building Kit for Unity is a type of template and game engine for city building + Real Time Strategy (RTS) game development. By itself it can provide a large variety of capabilities to save you an equally large amount of time, over and over. But even still, the City-Building Kit does have some limits. However, they are already fixed with the use of the Assets Store. The Assets Store provides a gigantic collection of user created utilities, templates, artwork, and sounds for use in Unity game developments. The City-Building Kit also allows the use of such assets right from the start. With the use of expansions, your Clash of Clans, Farmville, Fantasy II Defense clone game(s) can have all the top notch features that you want. So yes, you can still make game(s) without being able to draw.Watch DemoPlay Demo App
*Demo app is from the Complete Kit.
Make a Game like Clash of Clans with Unity3D
Powerful City Builder Framework
- Design Your Own Buildings
- Gems and In-App Purchases (IAP)
- Gold/Liquid Generators and Storage
- Expandable with assets
PvP AI Battle Processor
- Combat/Unit AI
- PvE Battle Matching
- Gold/Liquid Stealing
- Gem Accelerated Training
Fully-prepared Server Backend
- Client/Server State Sync
- Server Software
- Create Multi-Platform Game Matches
- Add Characters / Buildings With XML
What are the recommended expansions?
There are several we recommend to add features to your game(s). These are:
- In game Guilds and Chats. The Asset Store provides a nice list of guild and chat expansions to include in your city building (social) + RTS game(s). With these assets, your players won’t start feeling all alone in your multi-player games.
- Social Logins (Facebook / Twitter). Giving the option to login and post to the players favored social networks is always considered a good way to show off their skills and get in some “free advertising” for your game on these sites.
- Free Art and Sound Effects. For those who can’t draw or create their own sound effects, the Assets Store has a large collection of free artwork and sound effects that can cover a large area of situations.
- Leaderboards. Leaderboards can cover a large variety of situations. Things like Top Ranked, Biggest Spender, Most PvP Kills, Most Embarrassing Scores, and whatever else you like. The City-Building Kit never said you have to stick with traditional scores and it never will. It’s your game(s) so put in a Leaderboard for anything you like.
- Admob, iAd, MoPub Mobile Ads. In game advertising is one of the more widely used methods to make money with your developed game(s). These expansions are available to include in your city building + RTS game(s) as needed. Truth is; your game could be getting advertised in someone else’s game and/or app right now.
Work on all platforms: mobile apps, desktop pc games, web browser
City Building Kit Feature Highlights
Expansion: Social Logins
The City-Building Kit for Unity not only allows the use of social login assets for your city building + Real Time Strategy (RTS) game(s), but it’s highly recommended. Not only is it easy to include them into your game development efforts, but there are both free and paid assets for this. When you’re playing Clash of Clans for example, you can save a replay of your attacks/defenses and then share them on the various social networks like Facebook and Twitter. You can take a screen shot of your town and post that post/share that too. Much of this depends on what the asset is designed to do and what platform(s) you plan to deploy your game(s) to.
The Pro and Complete City-Building Kit for Unity are ready for just about anything you want to develop for a city builder + Real Time Strategy game(s). But every so often, players and developers get battle weary. That’s fine because the Starter City-Building Kit has that covered too. With the kit, farming simulators like Farmville, Hay Day, and Cityville can be developed just as easily right out of the box. The C# scripts, artwork, assets, and everything else you need are already included. It was just a matter of deciding what you want to make for a farm simulation. The mix and match capabilities in the City-Building Kit allow you to create games using artwork, sounds effects, and other game elements either with the included assets or a mix of your own and the included assets.
Here’s a list of features that comes with the City-Building Kit for Unity so when you’re ready to develop your Clash of Clans, The Tribez, or Cityville game(s), you’re all set.
When a developer tries to create a game, one of the main concerns is showing the players how to play. The main method to do so is first-time tutorials. Most players definitely appreciate a first-time tutorial in games like Clash of Clans, Cityville, Restaurant Story, and The Simpsons Tapped Out. Each of these games has it and a first-time tutorial has become a standard in city building + RTS games. The City-Building Pro and Complete Kits include this feature and provide an example to work with right out of the box.
When you purchase the Complete City-Building Kit for Unity, you get up to $40 in free coupons for use in the asset store on NGUI and 2D Toolkit. Making games with the City-Building Kit offers many features and time savers right out of the box. So when trying your hand at making Clash of Clans, Farmville, Fantasy II Defense, and The Tribez clone games, many developers would want to expand on the capabilities of the City-Building Kit with the use of the asset store. The free coupons that come with the Complete City-Building Kit just make it easier to do by saving you some money too.
Full Source Code
With every version of the City-Building Kit for Unity, a wide variety of included artwork and assets are there to help you learn and for your own use. The City-Building Kit didn’t stop there. Also included is the full source code. This comes in the form of C# scripts and xml data files. With these, you can edit them to use the features and functions you want in your city building + Real Time Strategy (RTS) games as you need. Take for example the games Clash of Clans, The Tribez, Farmville, and Fantasy II Defense. Just about any aspect and more can be included into your game development needs. The City-Building Kit allows and recommends you edit the included full source code to suit your needs.
Frequently Asked Questions
Does it work with Unity 5? Why do I still need NGUI/2DTK?
Yes, we support Unity 5 however the UI/2D functions expanding the kit are far more advanced than Unity 5's UI/2D features currently provide. You'll need the NGUI and 2D Toolkit assets which are further developed.
Where can I get the latest copy?
Click the link at the top of this page to download the latest copy. As long as you have your license code, you will be able to download the latest dev build, upgrade your kit and get any bonuses included with our highest packages.
When do you release updates?
We've designed the kit to be compatible with future releases of Unity, NGUI, and 2DTK since we don't update often unless we discover a bug we missed during our extensive testing we did before this past release.
What if I have another question?
First check the documentation, otherwise contact us if you have a question and Santhosh or Dave and Richard will get back to you.