City-Building Kit Capabilities
When a Unity developer decides to try his/her hand at making a city builder, Real Time Strategy (RTS), and/or social game like Clash of Clans, Farmville, or Throne Rush, the City-Building Kit surely saves mountains of time as a starting point. Instead of having to code/develop a game completely from scratch, many of the features any developer would want in their game(s) are already built into the kit.
Beginner and expert Unity developers can certainly benefit in vast amounts from the included scripts, examples, and objects that are already included. Said items can already be edited and used as needed by any Unity developer right out of the box. Right from the start, a prototype of their game idea can be created within 1 minute.
What can be done in the City-Building Kit?
With this collection, you have a game engine intended for making the Clash of Clans and/or Farmville clone games with the features that you want. Mix and match the features of Castle Clash and Restaurant Story for example. There’re a massive variety of possibilities with the City-Building Kit. Since the kit works in Unity, you can deploy your game to the same operating systems. It wasn’t meant for just mobile devices. Want your game to run from a browser like Firefox or Chrome? The City-Building Kit can help developers produce a game to run on these things to get as even more attention from players.Watch DemoPlay Demo App
*Demo app is from the Complete Kit.
Make a Game like Clash of Clans with Unity3D
Powerful City Builder Framework
- Design Your Own Buildings
- Gems and In-App Purchases (IAP)
- Gold/Liquid Generators and Storage
- Expandable with assets
PvP AI Battle Processor
- Combat/Unit AI
- PvE Battle Matching
- Gold/Liquid Stealing
- Gem Accelerated Training
Fully-prepared Server Backend
- Client/Server State Sync
- Server Software
- Create Multi-Platform Game Matches
- Add Characters / Buildings With XML
What are the included capabilities of the City-Building Kit?
Here’s a list of just some of the capabilities:
- In-App Purchases. The City-Building Kit includes examples, scripts, and everything else you need to easily handle one of the tougher parts of game making, In-App Purchases.
- Editing Examples. The included examples can be edited to save mountains of time in making your game. Editing the examples can still produce Clash of Clans, Farmville, and many other similar games. The difference being, the City-Building Kit lets you go in the direction you want with your game.
- In Game Help/First Time Tutorials. Most games are not figured out by players simply by starting the game. They include a starting tutorial at the beginning set to “run on first launch only”. The City-Building Kit also has this feature built in so you can get the rest of your game made quicker and your players playing. A help section for your game can provide various details about the game and this feature is included.
- Single and Multi-player features. It won’t matter if you want your game to be played by one or all over the world. The City-Building Kit handles both modes with local and server side storages with scripts that can be customized as needed. All right from the very start.
- Various Battle Situations. The City-Building Kit has the capability to allow Unity developers to include controllable units as well as standard AI driven units. Buildings can attack and defend as needed.
- Graphics Flexibility. The City-Building Kit has many example files included that can be used at any given time. However, that’s just the start in terms of graphics. Developers can use any favored graphics application they like.
All in all, the City-Building Kit has just about every time saving feature any developer would want in a game engine. Doing even half these things mentioned is just burning time that could have been used to get your game ready and uploaded for your players to enjoy.Watch the Strategy Kit
Work on all platforms: mobile apps, desktop pc games, web browser
City Building Kit Feature Highlights
Desktop Game Mouse Hotspots
The City-Building Kit for unity is optimized for mobile game developing as well as desktop game developing. When it comes to desktop game developing, working with the City-Building Kit requires a method to move things around. It wasn’t just about zooming in and out. Moving the map, moving the buildings, and moving the units when needed are included with the Complete Kit for desktop game developing. With a game like Clash of Clans, developing is easy because controls are included in the kit that is meant for mobile development. With a game like Cityville, developing and testing is also pretty easy because the features to make browser and desktop games are also included in the Complete Kit.
When a developer sees so many city building + Real Time Strategy (RTS) games currently available and wants to learn how to make one or more of their own, Unity is one of the main choices for developing such Clash of Clans clone games. But included with trying to make your own city building + RTS game comes with a heavy learning time. It takes time to figure out how In-App Purchases, path finding, AI, movement control, resource management, animations, displays, battle situations, and many other parts of game development work.
Documented Source Code
When using the City-Building Kit for Unity to develop city builder + Real Time Strategy (RTS) games, there’s no shortage of help included. You can send a message/question to the developers and/or check out the included documentation tutorials. But to go further in helping you make a Clash of Clans clone game you want, fully documented source code is also included. The 50+ C# scripts and everything else that comes with the City-Building Kit is well commented. The goal is to help you develop your city building + RTS game(s) faster rather than be stuck with questions.
When it comes to a matter of performance, the City-Building Kit excels in multiple ways. Take the example games of Clash of Clans, Cityville, and The Tribez. Anyone can tell you that these games will run better on stronger/high end devices. What if your game runs better on these types of devices and devices with not so high end specifications?
Expansion free art and sound effects
The City-Building Kit for Unity allows for the creation of city building + Real Time Strategy (RTS) games. Among many features, scripts, and demos, free artwork and sound effects come with the kit for use in your city building + RTS game(s). Each piece of art can be edited and used in your game and the same goes for each sound effect. All this is already included in the City-Building Kit. But that was only the start. With the use of the Unity assets store, you can find a large variety of art and sound assets that are completely free for you to use in your games and can also be edited as needed.
Expansion Ingame chat
While playing your multi-player city building + Real Time Strategy (RTS) game(s), players would want to be able to talk to each other. Meeting, chatting, trash talk, and sharing game tips with each other are the typical cases. The City-Building Kit for Unity also allows for this. However, it’s done with the use of expansions. The assets store is loaded with mountains of expansions you can use directly with the City-Building Kit. In-game chatting systems are also included. There are many that can be used. So take a look at the assets store and find a solution that best fits your city building + RTS needs.
Frequently Asked Questions
Does it work with Unity 5? Why do I still need NGUI/2DTK?
Yes, we support Unity 5 however the UI/2D functions expanding the kit are far more advanced than Unity 5's UI/2D features currently provide. You'll need the NGUI and 2D Toolkit assets which are further developed.
Where can I get the latest copy?
Click the link at the top of this page to download the latest copy. As long as you have your license code, you will be able to download the latest dev build, upgrade your kit and get any bonuses included with our highest packages.
When do you release updates?
We've designed the kit to be compatible with future releases of Unity, NGUI, and 2DTK since we don't update often unless we discover a bug we missed during our extensive testing we did before this past release.
What if I have another question?
First check the documentation, otherwise contact us if you have a question and Santhosh or Dave and Richard will get back to you.